Monday, November 05, 2007

Chicago

This past weekend I spent in the beautiful city of Chicago. I had a dental conference there and got to stay with Dave, Laura, and Eden. I hadn't seen them for almost 3 years. They treated me very graciously. They have a very cute apartment, decorated nicely and modern (Way to go Laura). I was privileged to be in the home of such a famous blogger! They even took me to one of the best breakfast places I have ever been to for lunch. (See side bar for my favorite dish).


My conference was as good and exciting as can be expected from pediatric dentists and endodontists. What I really enjoyed was walking around Chicago (and I walked a lot). I took the train down from the Dub's and then walked 30 min to the conference both days. When I got back off the train yesterday, and still today, my calves were sore and cramped!

Chicago is a beautiful clean city. Walking the streets, seeing the tall buildings, cool architecture, all the bridges and river, and lots of people filled me with an energizing excitement. There's so much going on, so much energy in the air. While walking around the city and figuring out the transportation, I had to ask quite a few people for directions and help. Everyone of them was kind and helpful. It may not have been a large sample size but it seemed to me, Chicagoans are nice friendly people.

Dave hooked us up with tickets to the Bulls opening game. We were in an executive suite for his company. That was awesome! Dave and I were huge Bulls fans growing up. His rooms was plastered with Jordan posters, magazine cut outs and every other "Shop" project in junior high was Bulls related. I think I made at least 20 Bulls insignias, wood and plexiglas!



I also spent the afternoon after my conference Saturday touring the Art Institute of Chicago. It was a very nice art museum. I loved the Monets, my favorite. Renoir was very stricking to me as were some others I hadn't heard of: Gustave Caillebotte, Camille Pissarro, and Henri de Toulouse Lautrec. Impressionist Art seems to be my favorite. There were also some awesome van Goghs and Degas.






It has been an excellant trip. I only wish I had Em with me!!
Thanks Dubs. You rock!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Dub said...

We only wish that Em was with you ... just kidding ... sort of not, but you get the point.

Thanks for coming out and giving Chi-town your vote of approval - even our breakfast food!

acte gratuit said...

I'm so glad I'm married to you! Your excellent taste in art is just one of the many reasons I love you!