Thursday, November 27, 2008

I wish Turkey only Cost a Nickle Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving

Merry Thanksgiving one and all. Our Thanksgiving was wonderful and I hope yours will be too.


We had a big gathering with lots of friends from the ward. We all gathered at the High School Cafeteria, its nice knowing the HS principal. Now we are home and Em is asleep early on account of either having eaten too much or having finally contracted the family illness that has been going around for the past week. Historically for the past 7 Thanksgivings we've shared together she has been mildly ill for about 4, moderately ill for 1 and severely ill for 2. (I made the exact statistics up. 90% of statistics are made up 60% of the time anyway.) I think she mentally blocked out all sickness, except for her lingering sore throat, so that she could enjoy this glorious day of thanks she has been planning for a long time. Then once all was over she opened herself up to embrace the suppressed virus/bacterium (not sure which it was, we didn't obtain a culture).

Anyway, she is asleep, but before she drifted off she exercised some of her motherly inspiration and suggested I keep our eldest up late tonight. So we came downstairs and while Max made a bed out of the couch cushions, I found the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on UTube and we watched it together. Then we played UNO for about an hour. I think he is in Heaven. It was really fun. He has gotten good enough that it is a competitive match between us. Now he is on the floor behind me playing UNO against himself. It's really cute especially when he suddenly calls out "UNO!" at himself and has to draw two more cards.
So for what am I Thankful for this year?

Not Being a Student or a Resident ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

Max is so great! And you are so lucky you aren't a resident anymore, I can't wait to not be a student/residents wife next year! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mrs. Dub said...

T-day in a cafeteria? My greatest dream has come true!

Christina Call said...

NO WAY!!! I had my kids pull up a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on Hulu!!!! Great minds think a like Doug!!! We are SOOOOO smart!!!!

Hey I am on a plane right now in in NY, so thanks for the entertainment!!!! Tell Em to feel better!!! Her mommy is very proud of her cooking escapades!!! I got to her her praise!!!

Topsy said...

Okay, I know you aren't rubbing it in, but I am about to hunt you down and. . . . .

I'm the wife of a student, who prepared for and attended Thanksgiving with just the three under 6. Thankfully friends invited us to their family gathering, and B* did show up late to leave early. But I'm not so thankful for student life this week!

Foot Handle Pete said...

Hope you guys had a great turkey day, we missed y'all at mom's. we were going to skype you but it was 2 am, there. Hope Emily feels better soon. FHP

Emily said...

oh rub it in why dontcha?!


Happy Turkey Day