Monday, August 20, 2007

You Decide

We have three black frames on the wall above our stairs. One has a picture of a sailboat off of the shore line with no sails furled. The other of a lighthouse. Both are sepia. We need to choose a third picture for the last frame, which is currently housing Max's beautiful art. So which of the following do you suggest we pick to join the others?


This first one is of a lobster boat in Maine.


This second one is of a schooner off the coast of the Elizabeth Islands on the way to Martha's Vineyard.


This third one is a sail boat with the Newport Bridge in the background.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

mr. underhill said...

I'm liking all three but am feel'n the third one. I think the bridge in the background is FTD.

mr. underhill said...

P.S. Stop going to so many places. Sheesh Marty! Stay home once in a while and lounge around complaining that you don't have anything to do. It's really cool, I promise.

Mrs. Dub said...

the bridge is edgy - adds a little architectural twist - but i think i prefer the second anyhow. or anywho. or anywhat.

Linz said...

I agree - I love the bridge picture!! (But all three are awesome!)

acte gratuit said...

Doug--I think you need to take a pic of the wall with the other two pics and then let people decide. That's an important aspect!

The Jonas Family said...

My opinion is the second one. I like the boat with the sails up, but I would like to see your others too.

superherotrainer said...

I like the second one. Gets to me more than the others. Beautiful photos.

Shelly said...

First. Lobsters rock! Also sails are totally overrated and you already have a picture of a boat with sails. Pshaw.

Anonymous said...

Likin' the bridge. Love sails anytime, anyday. Lobsters - yum. The boat is cool but who really sits around and dreams about relaxing on a lobster boat? i'd like to see the wall! And maybe Emmy standing by the wall.(you didn't take those did you. You're getting pretty snappy but not that good)

acte gratuit said...

He did take all of them Sheba. (And yes, he is pretty darn snappy these days.) I'll take one of the wall and post it here. Doug loves it when I edit his blog without his consent. (But in my defense, it's usually just to correct spelling or punctuation!)