Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gum Ball Torture

I had to make a run to the store the other day and Max was going to go with me. He quickly grabbed two quarters from his money jar to buy a gum ball. (We always deny him things by saying "Do you have your money with you?") We got there and of course he doesn't want to get the small ones that are a quarter, he want the 50 cent ones that are huge and can't even fit in my mouth. So we walked around the store with him gnawing on it and getting greener and greener. I tried to ignore him and couldn't bare to look at him. I was praying I wouldn't run into any patients. "Hey look there's Dr. Warner and his son is eating a giant gumball! Can I have one mommy?" We only, amazingly, saw one person we knew and they weren't a patient. So it was OK, but boy was he a sticky green mess.

So here is what he looked like upon arrival at home.-One of my favorite trauma stories from residency was having to go into the ER at 2am to fix a broken tooth. How did the kid break it? His friend hit him in the tooth with a giant gumball or jawbreaker!

-BTW that citrus chicken Em made there in the back ground was delicious!!!! My wife Rocks!!!!!

3 comments:

Linz said...

HAHAHA! I think that looks yummy! Yea for Max!

Foot Handle Pete said...

You Gotta love the gumball, job security. :)

acte gratuit said...

Yes. Yes I do.

I'm gonna get me one of those gumballs next time at the store.